November 6, 2012

Super Green Smoothie Recipe

I have been trying to eat healthier recently.  Sometimes it gets difficult to get all the servings of fruits and vegetables in a day without feeling like I'm stuffed.


I started making this super green smoothie a few months back and absolutely love it!  Don't let the bright green color throw you off.  Its super good and naturally sweet, no sugar or sweetener added.  I always try to start with frozen fruit as it makes your smoothie extra thick and extra cold.  I buy extra fresh fruit when its on sale and clean and freeze in small amounts in freezer bags.  This much more cost effective that the purchased bags of frozen fruit.  You can always use fresh fruit as well, but you may want to add a few ice cubes to the blender to improve the thickness and to make it colder.

The recipe below is exactly how I prepared the smoothie in the photo above.  You can substitute any fruit you like, but I usually always use a banana with whatever other fruit I select as it also helps in the thickness of the smoothie.  One of my favorite fruits to add is pineapple.  It gives it a real tropical flavor.  Also, if you use mostly darker fruits, be prepared as it won't have such a pretty green color. . .you will get a much darker brownish-green color.  It still tastes great though!

Ingredients:


1 banana roughly sliced or broken into 1 inch segments
1 kiwi, peeled and sliced or cubed
4 strawberries
1 huge handful of fresh spinach leaves
1 - 1 1/2 cups of cold water

Directions:


Place all ingredients into blender and process until you no longer see any chunks of frozen fruit or any small specks of spinach leaves.  Pour into a glass and enjoy!


This recipe is featured on http://www.foodiefriendsfriday.com Linky Party
Foodie Friends Friday


1 comment:

  1. I know I would like this....everything in there sounds wonderful. And no sugar....for sure a plus. Perfect share for Foodie Friends Friday, especially so close to the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

I value your comments! Please leave me a note below and I will respond.

Please share this content:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

share the love