I started a 10 day cleanse on Sunday. I'm drinking a fiber drink, taking herbal cleanse tablets and a pro-biotic. I'm also eating extremely healthy right now. I haven't had caffeine in 5 days! No dairy, no simple carbs or processed flour. Other than a sluggish period every afternoon that I've just had to push through, I'm feeling pretty good. I occasionally get migraines (I had one Saturday night in fact), so I was worried that going off the caffeine cold turkey would trigger a migraine. I'm very thankful that it hasn't.
- Scrambled, hard boiled or "fried" eggs with no butter or oil added, fresh fruit such as apples, oranges, pears or bananas
- Super green smoothie made with water, fresh spinach, frozen banana, strawberries, pineapple and cantaloupe. You can add any fruit you prefer to make this nutritious and delicious smoothie. Click on the link here to see other options that I have used. I also ate a handful of pistachios along with my smoothie to get some protein.
- Turkey (yes, had lots sent home with me from Thanksgiving), baked sweet potato with only cinnamon added, fresh broccoli with hummus, fruit such as apples, oranges, pears or bananas.
- Albacore tuna with chopped celery, avocado and pecans mashed together (super tasty!), fresh fruit such as apples, oranges, pears or bananas.
- Protein such as baked chicken or fish (even had a small amount of steak one night), sauteéd mushrooms in olive oil, fresh broccoli with hummus.
- Salad with fresh broccoli, mushrooms and shelled edamame, boiled shrimp, hard boiled egg and small amount of oil based dressing (no cream based dressings).