November 20, 2012

Cranberry Pecan Muffin Recipe

When I made the recipe for Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad I had a lot of cranberries remaining.  I decided to use those cranberries to make up some Cranberry Pecan Muffins for breakfast. 

These would be great with a little butter or cream cheese spread on the muffin halves with a nice cup of coffee. 

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!


Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk*
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1 cup cranberries

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2.  Place butter, sugar, eggs and buttermilk in the bowl of a stand
    mixer or medium sized mixing bowl. 

3.  Mix medium until ingredients are well blended.

4.  Sift flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl and mix well.

5.  Add dry flour mixture to wet mixture while mixing is on low.

6.  Mix on medium until well blended.

7.  Using a spatula, fold in the cranberries and pecans.

8.  Fill 18 muffin cups approximately 3/4 of the way full (about
    1/4 cup each, depending on the size of your muffin pans).


9.  Bake at 350 degrees for 18 - 20 minutes.

*In place of buttermilk, you may add 2 tsp of lemon juice to regular milk
and let set for approximately 5 minutes to "sour" the milk. 


1 comment:

  1. This looks awesome. Not too sweet and I love pecans. Thanks Kelly for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I value your comments! Please leave me a note below and I will respond.

Please share this content:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

share the love