November 5, 2012

Grant's Farm

I was going through some old photos tonight and came upon some that I took at Grant's Farm a few years ago.  Grant's Farm is the 281-acre ancestral home of the Busch family, located just south of the city of St. Louis, MO. . .home of some of the beautiful and famous Clydesdale horses along with about 900 other animals from 100 different species.  Zaggat ranks it as the seventh-best family attraction nationwide.  If you get a chance and are in the St. Louis area, make plans to visit.  Its a favorite of kids and adults alike.
The old Bush home
Covered wagon and cannons
 
Pond
 
Bald Eagle
 
Bison
Kangaroos
 
I am facinated by some of the beautiful architecture there:
 
Stable doors
 
Roofline of the stable

Stone archway with bell

Ivy growing on the stable walls

You can check out their website here:  http://www.grantsfarm.com/


1 comment:

  1. It is really nice when you can support places like these and show others the interesting spot that can be visited. I love the pictures you posted, especially the architectural ones. I enjoyed reading your blog, especially the post on bipolar and I am following you now.
    I would love for you to follow back.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2012/11/anticipating-grenada.html

    ReplyDelete

I value your comments! Please leave me a note below and I will respond.

Please share this content:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

share the love