January 26, 2013

Tropical Fruit Spice Cake - Egg and Oil Free

I started Weight Watchers a week and a half ago.  I have been highly successful on the program in the past. . .mainly because no food is off limits, its just about eating what you like in moderation.  I also try to make some healthy substitutions to my meals and recipes.

This recipe does not use any eggs or oil, instead I used a healthy Greek yogurt along with fruit and fruit juice to make the cake moist and delicious.

I hope you enjoy it!  It is still possible to have your cake and eat it too!  :)




Ingredients:

1 box of ultra moist spice cake mix, dry/unprepared
1 5.3 oz container Yoplait Greek Yogurt, Tropical Fruit (100 calorie size)
1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple in juice
1/4 cup coconut flakes
1/4 cup chopped pecans
2 small apples, peeled and chopped finely

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2.  Prepare a 9" x 13" pan by spraying with cooking spray.

3.  Mix all ingredients with a stand or hand mixer until well blended.

4.  Pour batter into prepared pan.



5.  Bake for 35 - 40 minutes until middle of cake springs back when lightly touched 
     or inserted toothpick comes out clean.

6.  Allow to cool slightly before serving.


7.  Serve with a light dusting of powdered sugar or fat free whipped topping.


Serves 18
Points Plus value = 5


post signature

Foodie Friends Friday
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I recently started WW360 as well :-) I wish you the best on the plan. I will be watching your blog for other great ideas.

    Holly

    www.hmmmholly.blogspot.com

    oh, stopped by from the Sunday Social :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Holly! I will be stopping by your blog also!

      Delete
  2. This looks yummy Kelly. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marlys! I liked it alot! I'm strugging with how to satisfy my sweet tooth while on WW. (other than just eating fruit)

      Delete

I value your comments! Please leave me a note below and I will respond.

Please share this content:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

share the love