This got me to thinking. You know, it isn't always necessary to spend all that time to make something nice. It just takes a little creativity. Today's post really isn't a recipe as much as an assembly guide to hopefully help get your creative juices flowing next time you don't have the time or desire to make a complicated recipe.
1. I mixed up some pancake batter from a mix
2. After pouring the batter onto my griddle, I topped each pancake with about a tablespoon or so of chopped pecans
3. When the pancakes were cooked, I put a little Honey Cinnamon Butter on
each of them. Click HERE to find my previous post with that recipe.
That recipe makes about 3 - 1/2 pint jars of Honey Cinnamon Butter that
will keep in your fridge for months. You can always substitute regular
butter or margarine, or one of the new flavored butter selections
available at most stores.
4. I then sliced up a banana on top of the dish.
5. I topped with an additional 1 - 2 Tbsp of chopped pecans.
6. Serve with your choice of regular of sugar-free syrup.
You have a beautiful dish that isn't entirely made from scratch but still has that WOW factor.
Use your imagination and see what other great combination you can come up with. . . Any type of berries would be great, or maybe some chocolate chips or cinnamon chips? Let me know what other ideas you have!
This recipe shared on: