January 13, 2013

Healthy Honey Dijon Chicken Breast Recipe


I have had a super busy weekend. . .my friend Beth from +Honey Locust Hills  and I exhibited our jewelry and fiber arts at a show this weekend.

Its hard to eat healthy when you are on the run but the key is to be prepared.  I packed a little cooler that I brought with me each day with some fresh fruit and nuts, low fat cheese and lean sliced meats.

Our show was about an hour away, so once we packed up and got home, it was already dinner time and I was HUNGRY!  Thankfully I was prepared.  I whipped up this recipe in less than 30 minutes and it was so tasty!  Definitely a winner in my book and I will be making it again.  I cooked up several chicken breasts, and since they were so large, each will make 2 portions.  I have these in the fridge for a quick lunch to pack for work or as a healthy addition to a salad.

Tonight, I just served with a spinach and tomato salad drizzled with balsamic vinegar and a touch of olive oil.  Balsamic vinegar has so much flavor that you can get by with very little oil when using it.



Ingredients:


2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp Greek seasoning*
3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp honey
1 cup water

Directions:


1.  Lightly sprinkle chicken with the pepper and Greek seasoning.

2.  Place chicken, breast side down in a non-stick 
skillet over medium-high heat.   

3.  Cook about 10 minutes flipping half way through to sear and 
lightly brown both sides.

4.  While chicken is browning, mix water, honey and 
Dijon mustard in a small bowl.

5.  Pour honey mustard sauce on top of chicken and reduce heat to medium.

6.  Continue to cook chicken approximately another 10 minutes 
(internal temperature should reach 185 degrees 
for chicken to be cooked thoroughly).

7.  The sauce should thicken up somewhat and slightly caramelize 
on the chicken.  There isn't a lot of extra sauce, but enough that 
you can spoon a small amount over the chicken when you serve it.  
If additional sauce is desired, you can always double that portion 
of the recipe or just add some more water if you are trying to 
keep the calories to a minimum.

4 WW PP

*you should be able to find Greek seasoning at most stores.  It is full of flavor, combining salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, onion as well as other spices.  It tends to be higher in sodium so no additional salt was used in this recipe.


Just in case you are interested, here's a little glimpse of what our table looked like at the show:





post signature
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Your table looks great and so does the chicken. I hope you did well at the show. It is so much work. Your crafts are beautiful and I know people must have loved them!

    Don't you just love a meal that comes together like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on having a good show. As Cynthia mentioned it is a lot of work but when it's a passion it's something you do with love. After a long day/weekend sometimes cooking is the last thing we think about but the chicken dish looks delish.

    Joanne/Winelady Cooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanne. . .It's now on the list to make again. It was very good flavor, very moist, and low Weight Watchers points.

      Delete

I value your comments! Please leave me a note below and I will respond.

Please share this content:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

share the love