This is so easy and always a big hit. There are several variations of this recipe that you can make. Try out different flavors of cake mix. . .maybe a strawberry cake mix or coconut cake mix and add coconut flakes. How about a dark chocolate cake mix and add mini chocolate chips? The flavor combinations are only as limited as your imagination!
I found this recipe on Just a Pinch Recipes. It was originally posted by Vonna Pauls.
Ingredients:1 box butter recipe yellow cake mix
1 stick butter (do not substitute margarine), softened at room temperature
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 - 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar (reserve for finishing)
1. Combine all ingredients except powdered sugar with an electric mixer or in a stand mixer until well blended.
2. Chill dough for 2 hours for best results.
3. Roll dough into small balls about the size of walnuts.
4. Roll balls in powdered sugar.
5. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven for 10 - 12 minutes.
6. Once cookies have cooled, dust lightly with powdered sugar.