Can I just say, OMG! This was so delicious!
Veggie "Lasagna" Recipe
prep time: 15 minutes ~ cook time: 1 hour
makes: 8 servings ~ Weight Watchers: 2 Points Plus
1 medium sized purple eggplant
1 small head of fresh broccoli
1/2 head of fresh cauliflower
2 large carrots
1/2 pint of fresh baby bella mushrooms
5 spears of fresh asparagus
2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
1 - 24 oz. jar of light pasta sauce
2 cups fat free mozzarella
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1. Pour 1/3 jar of pasta sauce in the bottom of a 9" x 13" baking dish.
2. Slice eggplant into thin slices along the length (long slices instead of small round ones)
3. Slice broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms and asparagus into thin slices. (I also sliced the carrots into thin long strips like I did the eggplant.)
4. Arrange one layer of eggplant slices (1/2 of the slices only) over the pasta sauce that is in the baking dish.
5. Arrange/sprinkle half of the other vegetables over the eggplant slices.
6. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the parmesan and another 1/3 of the pasta sauce.
7. Layer remaining eggplant slices and cover with remaining vegetables.
8. Pour remaining pasta sauce evenly over the top of the veggies.
9. Sprinkle remaining parmesan and the mozzarella over the top.
10. Bake at 350 degrees covered with foil for 40 - 45 minutes. Uncover dish and bake for an additional 15 - 20 minutes. Dish is finished with the sauce is bubbly and the cheese begins to slightly brown on the top.
11. Allow dish to rest 5 - 10 minutes after removing from oven.
12. Cut into squares and serve along side of a chicken breast or some grilled fish. . . or just eat as your main dish like I did!
It was very saucy and oh, so delicious!