If you are concerned about the sodium content in the mixes, you can always substitute with homemade versions of both seasoning mixes. I added no additional salt or seasonings to this dish and found it seasoned just to my liking!
Italian Ranch Chicken and Vegetables
prep time: 15 minutes ~ cook time: 4 hours/high -8 hours/low in crock pot
makes: 8 servings ~ Weight Watchers: 6 Points Plus
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup roughly chopped carrots
1 cup roughly chopped asparagus (discard woody stems)
1 cup chopped broccoli
1 cup chopped cauliflower
1 small container of sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup fat free chicken broth
1 envelope ranch dip mix
1 envelope Italian dressing mix
1/2 cup dry instant brown rice
1. Wash and cut chicken into smaller pieces (at least 8 pieces) and place in bottom of slow cooker.
2. Wash and cut all vegetables and place them in slow cooker on top of chicken.
3. Sprinkle both envelopes of seasoning mixes on top of vegetables.
4. Pour chicken broth over entire dish.
5. Set slow cooker for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
6. Thirty minutes to 1 hour prior to serving add the rice and
gently stir to make sure it is covered by fluid.