February 3, 2013

Sausage and Egg Breakfast Muffin Recipe


I never have enough time in the morning to prepare a good breakfast.  I need something that I can grab on the run.  Lately I've been trying to prepare something the night before.  I made these a long time ago and remembered how good they were so I decided to make up a bunch of these tonight.  Just grab a couple of them, zap in the microwave until warm and out the door you go.  No need for utensils!  And this recipe is actually healthy, so that's a plus.  

Sausage and Egg Breakfast Muffins

prep time:  10 minutes ~ cook time:  40 minutes
makes:  24 muffins ~ WW PP: 2 per muffin

Ingredients:

1 - 16 oz package of Butterball Turkey Breakfast Sausage
1 cup fresh spinach, chopped*
9 oz fresh mushrooms (small container), chopped*
16 eggs
1/4 cup fat free half and half
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp chopped garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese


Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare muffin tins by spraying with cooking spray.

2.  Chop spinach and mushrooms.


3.  Cook spinach and mushrooms with turkey sausage in a skillet over medium to medium-high temperature until done.



4.  While spinach, mushrooms and turkey is cooking, crack eggs into a large bowl.

5.  Add fat free half and half, seasonings and garlic and mix well.

6.  Equally divide sausage mixture between 24 muffin cups.  

7.  Top each with a small pinch of cheese.

8.  Add egg mixture to the top of each muffin cup, approximately 1/4 cup in each tin.



9.  Bake for approximately 40 minutes at 350 degrees. 

10.  Serve warm.

*Although I used spinach and mushrooms, you can substitute any veggie of your choice in this recipe.  It is especially good with red and green peppers with onions, or with broccoli.  Sometimes I even add a small can of chopped green chiles to give it a real southwestern taste.

These can be frozen and thawed in the microwave as needed.  I usually just keep them in the fridge as they don't last that long!


Shared on:


post signature
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to give these a try! I love a quick and easy breakfast! They remind me of mini quiches!

    Thank you for linking this recipe up to In and Out of the Kitchen. I look forward to seeing what you bring next week!

    I am off to stumble and pin this!

    Cynthia at http//FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete

I value your comments! Please leave me a note below and I will respond.

Please share this content:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

share the love