February 1, 2013

Creamy Citrus Avocado Salad Dressing Recipe - Oil Free

I am in love with avocados.  Its a bonus that they are a healthy fat.  I like when I can add something to my diet and not feel guilty about it.  I stopped at the store on the way home and found avocados for only $0.35 each!  So you know I snagged as many ripe ones as I could get my hands on!

Earlier today, I went to the St. Louis Go Red for Women American Heart Association luncheon.  They had a fairly healthy lunch with a grilled chicken topped salad with a raspberry vinaigrette, but that little bitty chocolate mousse dessert was calling my name, so I just had to eat it!  Unfortunately, that means I am just about all out of my Weight Watchers points for today, so I decided to have a healthy salad for dinner.  Instead of just cutting up part of an avocado on top of it, I decided to make an oil free salad dressing with one of them.

I really enjoyed it and I hope you do too.

Creamy Citrus Avocado Salad Dressing

prep time:  5 minutes ~ cook time:  0 minutes
makes:  20 servings ~ WW PP: 1 points

Ingredients:

1 ripe avocado, peeled with seed removed
1 cup fat free milk
1 small container of plain flavored Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp white pepper
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried dill
1/2 tsp garlic, minced

Directions:

1.  Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor.

2.  Blend until ingredients are well blended.

3.  Serve a couple tablespoons of dressing over a salad of your choice.

4.  Store additional dressing in a plastic bowl or canning jar in the refrigerator.  You can see it covered my salad and filled a pint canning jar.



Here is a photo of my friend, Lisa, and I from the Go Red for Women luncheon today.  We had a great time and it was for a great cause.  You can learn more about Go Red for Women on their website and please, also consider making a donation.  Over 300 women are affected by heart disease every day.  We can all make a difference!



Shared on:

Foodie Friends Friday

Feeding Big

post signature
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. That looks and sounds very tasty! I'm going to bookmark it to try later! It seems like everyone is sharing delicious recipes, and I'm sitting here pregnant with a drooling mouth :)

    I'd like to invite you to stop by our weekly Meet & Greet Blog Hop! It runs Friday night to the end of Monday, come link up if you have some time this weekend! :)

    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2013/02/meet-greet-blog-hop-weekend-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet this dressing is good and creamy! I will have to give it a try this summer.

    Thanks for sharing this at the In and Out of the Kitchen party. I look forward to seeing what you bring next week!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love avocado too, and this sounds like a wonderful recipe! I'll be making this soon! Thanks for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete

I value your comments! Please leave me a note below and I will respond.

Please share this content:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

share the love